In a previous Mooc, I described how to import the feed list into Thunderbird. The procedure still works as shown in the YouTube video.
In gRSShopper, it currently worked as follows:
- Do not try Find > Data > [Import] Feed — as I did! Instead
- Go to Settings (the green cog icon in the upper right),
- then click the “Harvester” tab,
- scroll down to the bottom and click “Import Feed List From OPML”,
- ignore the errors at the top and scroll down to “Select an OPML file”, browse to a previously downloaded file, and hit the “Upload” button.
- If the XML format is accepted, you are done.
For me, the format generated by “Export OPML File” did not work currently in Thunderbird. I created my own page after the archetype of the “Edu_RSS OPML” page which is shipped via the distribution file cgi-bin/sql/gRSShopper-ple.sql — I just had to adapt some accessories:
Make > [List] Template > (Edit) opml_top — I deleted everyting between <head> and </head> — and
Make > [List] View > (Edit) feed_opml — I replaced it by
<outline text="[*feed_title*]" title="[*feed_title*]" type="rss" xmlUrl="[*feed_link*]"/>
If you start liking gRSShopper, see more on my blog outside the el3o category: